Thielen Coaches is committed to being diligent in our efforts to keep our customers and employees safe, while taking proactive steps to ensure our motor coaches are cleaned & disinfected to best of our capabilities
We care about our customers and employees, and we are providing this announcement as a precautionary notice. While we have implemented additional cleaning and disinfecting processes, we would also like to remind our customers and employees of some of the basic precautions for health and wellness.
How do we help protect our customers and drivers?
Our bus cleaners have been trained to pay close attention when cleaning the items below with soap and water, and spraying with disinfectant each time a motorcoach returns from a charter. Drivers will also wipe down these same surfaces with disinfectant wipes at the end of each day, during multi-day charters & tours. Our drivers will ensure hand sanitizer and cleaning supplies are available on every charter.
Fogging Decontamination System
We have implemented an accelerated schedule for the use of the fogging devices. This will ensure thoroughly cleaning of our interiors on all motor coaches. This system will be used on a regular schedule in every motor coach. If a driver or passenger becomes ill on a coach that will prompt immediate response to interior decontamination of the motor coach.
Items to pay special attention to while cleaning:
- Hand rails for entering and exiting the vehicle
- Arm rests
- Driver steering wheel
- Dash area
- Head rest
- Window sills
- Restroom door handles
- Restroom hand rails
- Vehicle sprayed well with Lysol disinfectant spray or similar product on a regular basis
- Baggage door handles interior as well as exterior
- Have Sani-wipes available on vehicle for operator and passenger usage.
If a passenger or driver starts showing symptoms of the flu or coronavirus while on a multi-day charter, the driver will notify dispatch immediately. Action will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
How to help protect each other in the shop and offices:
The best way to protect ourselves is avoid being exposed to the virus. The CDC always recommends simple everyday preventative steps to help prevent the spread of respiratory virus, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer(containing 60% alcohol or more
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue away.
In addition to the above:
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes are available to all staff and tour guests.
- If you have a fever or any signs of illness – STAY home.
We are monitoring the latest updates and most current information regarding the Coronavirus closely, while partnering with the American Bus Association, United Motorcoach Association, Minnesota Charter Bus Operators Association, and federal resources to stay abreast of the most recent updates. Thielen Coaches will listen to the CDC and adjust accordingly to their recommendations regarding the coronavirus.